Welcome to St Lawrence Primary School; a successful, vibrant, and happy school in the heart of Rowhedge Village.
At St Lawrence we encourage students to develop a lifelong love of learning and pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming atmosphere. As a school we aim for every child to feel happy, respected, and valued as they learn; placing a strong emphasis on their personal development and our place within the local community.
We welcome visitors, and are always happy to answer queries or offer support both in person or via telephone or email. In the meantime we hope you find this website useful and informative.
- The Year 6 production will be on Monday 17th July at 5:30pm and Tuesday 18th July at 9:15am in the school hall. Tickets will cost a small amount each (to cover school costs), and will be available via our online payment system. We’ll let you know when tickets become available.
- Described by the Sunday Times as 'The University of Fun', Children's University encourages 5-14 year olds to try new experiences, develop new interests and acquire new skills. You can buy a Passport to Learning via the school, and all of our after school clubs (plus many many more in the region) accredited by Children’s University learning destinations, and contribute to the award of a certificate given by Children’s University at one of their Graduation ceremonies.
- Essex County Fire & Rescue Service can provide smoke alarms completely free of charge. To arrange a free home fire safety visit from one of their technicians call: 0300 303 0088
Latest School Calendar Events
- Consortium Sports Day27Jun2017
- Year 6 Leaver's Assembly20Jul2017
- Last Day of Term and End of Term Bounce21Jul2017
"The pupil's spirtual, moral, social and cultural development is particularly strong." Ofsted 2014 "Academic achievement seems important at the school, but it's never at the detriment of personal development, happiness, and the needs of individuals. At St Lawrence, every child matters." Parent "The curriculum is exciting and varied and pupils talk enthusiastically about their learning." Ofsted 2014 "When I drop my children off I feel 100% confident that they will spend the day as happy, loved, appreciated for their individuality and just as safe as they would be at home." Parent "The school has worked closely with parents to make sure that pupils attend regulary and are punctual. As a result, attendance has improved since the previous inspection and is now just above average." Ofsted 2014 "All staff make an effort to know every child and the school has a strong holistic approach to learning that includes the use of school-wide themes, shared trips and activities as well as a strong social cohesion among different year groups." Parent "A varied choice of after-school clubs, music lessons and forest school all ensure children enjoy a rich and dynamic learning experience that sees them excited for the day ahead and enthusiastic in retelling their day each evening. St. Lawrence is about much more than the three Rs." Parent "Inclusivity appears to be central to the ethos of St Lawrence, where every child has a valid and respected voice. Children are encouraged to share, to be individuals and to feel like they are an important part of something special." Parent